also you will need OMS:
here a link for a matching version
v2.2 OMS (July 1996)
v2.3.4 is from (june 1998)
Studio Vision Pro 3.0 System Requirements
1.4 Megabyte Floppy Drive
Macintosh IIci (minimum), 68040 Power Macintosh (recommended) with System 7.0 or later
32 bit addressing
12 or more megabytes of RAM
18 millisecond or faster hard drive
Digidesign Hardware* or Yamaha Hardware*
Apple Sound Manager 3.1*
Studio Vision Pro is professional digital audio recording and MIDI sequencing software that gives you the ability to display and manipulate information in a myriad of musically meaningful ways. It makes technology transparent–letting you work intuitively, and fostering your creativity.
Studio Vision Pro is a comprehensive, integrated suite of software, with a diversity of abilities that defy the boundaries of what we can show you on a web page.
As incredible as it sounds, Studio Vision Pro 3.0 really does let you edit digital audio as if it were a MIDI sequence. It also lets you map digital audio to MIDI–so that the audio follows MIDI beautifully, expressively, and musically.
What follows is a brief overview. To truly understand the depth and power of Studio Vision Pro, you’ll just have to put it to work on your next project.
At the heart of Studio Vision Pro lies a deceptively simple Control Bar, with familiar recorder-like controls and quick-click icons. Compact, yet easy-to-navigate, the Control Bar gives you instant access to the five main editing windows: Sequences , Track Overview, List, Piano Roll and Notation. It shows Record Status and location in bars, beats and SMPTE time, and has a Marker location pop-up menu, as well as autolocate buttons, punch points and much more.
The Track Overview is a “global information center” for your MIDI and audio tracks and provides a wealth of user feedback and control. Track Overview lets you see the contours of your music by faithfully representing audio waveforms as well as MIDI data.
Alternately, tracks can be viewed in Block Mode, which allows you to size blocks instantly in sections as small as an 8th note, or as large as 16 bars. Tracks Mode displays tracks as a single block. A “Play Selection” option lets you select any phrase or block and play it instantly. You can cut, copy, paste, or delete any part of a MIDI or audio track–or double-click on a block to go to another editing screen.
Studio Vision Pro’s mixing and monitoring sections have all the features you would expect in a professional recording package, plus some unique features you won’t find anywhere else. Use the “Build From Selected Tracks” command and you get a console for the audio and MIDI tracks you have selected! You can choose between a narrow-module console, to fit the maximum number of tracks on screen, or a wide-module console with TDM inserts, remote devices, and stereo VU Meters. Just click on the image to the left to see the full wide-module console.
The Record Monitor window has accurate peak-hold meters with a VU weighting, so it’s easy to set the proper level without guessing. Also displayed are available record time (based upon hard disk space), input select, and audio thru select. Advanced record ing features allow you to Append Record a file or to punch-in to an existing track.
Take a good look at Studio Vision Pro 3.0’s new DSP Menu. At first glance it may seem familiar, the items at the top–Normalize, Reverse, Invert Phase, Sample Rate Conversion and EQ–are common features of many disk-based recording systems. As you move do wn the menu you’ll notice features you’ve never seen in any digital audio recording or MIDI sequencing package, features which unlock a new universe of musical possibilities. Studio Vision’s on-board DSP functions don’t require any external devices or add -on cards–and they’re “constructive” creating a new file; always retaining your original file.
Adjust Audio Tempo lets you make tempo changes to your digital audio file. Select Tempo Map from the pop-up menu, and the audio will follow the tempo changes of the MIDI file to which it has been mapped–even the most gradual ritard can be easily a ccomplished. Alternately, you can select New Tempo and enter static tempo values; for example a two-bar sampled drum loop can be adjusted to fit the tempo of your tune.
Select Audio-to-MIDI, and Pro 3.0 will open a dialog box which allows you optimize your Audio-to-MIDI conversion. A pop-up template menu lets you set defaults for the entire dialog box based upon the characteristics of the audio e vent you are going to convert. Then Pro 3.0 opens a window which shows both the digital audio and a new MIDI representation (piano roll, notation, strip chart, etc.) of the same file.
You can edit this file using any of the views or tools that you might normally use to edit MIDI sequences! Fix a bad vocal note, create a distinctive vocal harmony line, or change the tempo of a rhythm guitar part. When you’ve finished editing MIDI parame ters, simply choose MIDI-to-Audio and choose which MIDI parameters will be applied to your original audio performance. Click OK and the program will construct a new digital audio file which includes your edits. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination.
Shifting Pitch is a simple musical operation with Studio Vision Pro 3.0. Just select the musical interval and Studio Vision does the rest. There is even a fine-tuning adjustment that lets you enter values in cents.
Using the Time Scale dialog, you can control audio time compression or expansion musically– in bars and beats– or use SMPTE to map start and stop times.
OMS and Galaxy Integration
Bundled with Studio Vision Pro 3.0 are two highly integrated programs that will simplify your life: OMS 2.O, the Open Music System, and Galaxy, The Universal Librarian. OMS 2.0 makes studio setup easy. Step-by-step prompts help you identify, name, and ass ociate your studio gear with icons for quick reference. Once you’re set up, OMS lets you access and organize your studio quickly, without having to remember details such as channel assignments and port numbers.
Additionally, OMS integrates with Galaxy, a program that lets you store your patches, and organize them in banks, bundles, and libraries.
Using OMS’ flexible Name Browser, you can access all of the patches in your Galaxy files by name, number, or keyword–even beyond the “128 limitation” normally imposed by MIDI program changes!
An OMS Movie Player lets you view QuickTime movies while working with your audio/MIDI tracks. Precision timing services give you accurate synchronization.
Studio Vision Pro 3.0 System Requirements
- 1.4 Megabyte Floppy Drive
- Macintosh IIci (minimum), 68040 Power Macintosh (recommended) with System 7.0 or later
- 32 bit addressing
- 12 or more megabytes of RAM
- 18 millisecond or faster hard drive
- Digidesign Hardware* or Yamaha Hardware*
- Apple Sound Manager 3.1*
*3rd PARTY HARDWARE & SOFTWARE GUIDE
- Pro Tools III
- Pro Tools II
- Session 8
- Sound Tools II
- Audio Media II
- 888 I/O audio interface
- 882 I/O audio interface
- 442 audio interface
- 882 studio interface
Apple Sound Manager 3.1, for 16 bit audio
- Power Macintosh — 7100, 8100, 8500, 9500
- PowerBook — 520, 540
- Quadra — 660AV, 840AV
Trademarks Are The Property Of Their Respective Holders
Why Use Studio Vision Pro?
Opcode’s Studio Vision made history in 1990, as the first program to integrate MIDI and audio recording. This latest incarnation affirms that it remains the best. Put simply, no other program offers so much control, over so many facets of music and sound production, and with so much ease, as Studio Vision Pro 3.0.
Music Recording —
Fast Sessions, Seamless Edits, Flawless Performances Studio Vision Pro’s slick, unified interface handles tracking, editing, DSP effects, mixing, and more. Check out remarkable features such as:
- Integrated MIDI and audio — no waiting for sync lock-up!
- Seamlessly pitch correct single notes or passages
- Compile multiple takes into one.
- Convert audio to MIDI (record the sound of a thigh being slapped, and make it a perfectly timed snare drum!).
- Quantize rhythm guitar and other parts.
- Transpose MIDI sequences–and make the audio match
- Create instant harmonies.
- Adjust the tempo of audio tracks to match MIDI tempos, without changing the pitch!
- External time code sync lets you fly tracks off tape into Studio Vision Pro for editing or DSP, and then back onto reel or cassette.
The list goes on, but why keep reading about it? Studio Vision Pro is ready to track when you are–see for yourself exactly what it has contributed to scores of hit records.
Scoring, Composition, Songwriting, & Arranging —
Tap Into Unlimited Creative Potential Everyone in the business of making melodies dreams about the day when what’s heard in the head can instantly become a musical reality. Studio Vision Pro brings that day all that much closer:
- Sing or hum a melody; have Studio Vision Pro play it back as whatever MIDI instrument you choose.
- Supplement MIDI tracks with real instruments or vocals.
- Enhance any audio track with a parallel or harmony MIDI part.
- Scoring to picture? Transfer workprint audio into your session, and you’ll get to compose with dialogue and sound effects in place.
- Capture the workprint’s video as a QuickTime movie (or ask your video editor for a QuickTime cut) — get instant, accurate visual references, without waiting for video decks to shuttle and lock.
- Automatically separate a rap into individual words — then stutter them, overlap them, double them, harmonize them!
- Pitch correct any audio. And when you’re all done, creating a professional multi-part notation score is as simple as opening your session into Opcode’s new Overture program.
Audio Post-Production for Film & Video —
Speak Your Effects to Spot Them and Other Amazing Tricks While many of Hollywood’s leading audio engineers, editors, and sound designers have discovered the power of Studio Vision Pro, Its new capabilities let you go beyond what you would have imagined possible:
- Integration of sample-triggered MIDI events and audio tracks within the same file.
- Cue list-type entry and editing of MIDI events.
- “Electronic Foley” capabilities for spotting MIDI-triggered samples to QuickTime movies or external video.
- Speedy, nondestructive multi-take recording (great for ADR).
- Text-based markers for “informed” autolocating and spotting.
- Watch the picture while you record your voice and say different sound effects, such as “gun shot,” “door squeak,” or “footstep” — and then, incredibly, use Studio Vision Pro to replace your voice automatically with your desired effects! Any way you cut it, Studio Vision Pro means post as you never imagined it.
Multimedia Production —
The Developer’s Dream ToolStudio Vision Pro is ideal for multimedia development, offering:
- Recording, editing, processing and mixing of every audio element, including voiceovers, audio soundtracks, MIDI soundtracks, and sound effects.
- For team-based development, composers can provide completed MIDI or audio files for instant import.
- Mixes can be exported (with or without sample rate conversion) to authoring programs and video editing systems, including the Avid Media Composer and the Data Translations Media 100.
- Accurate synchronization to QuickTime movies. For everything from games, to CD-ROM books, to authored presentations, Studio Vision Pro is your one-stop-audio-shop. Broadcast Production —
On The Air, On-Time, and On-Track Today’s broadcasting business makes serious demands on your production capabilities, and Studio Vision Pro has the solutions you need:
- Fast, easy, accurate audio waveform editing.
- From mono to 32 simultaneous tracks.
- On-air talent can have instant playback access to thousands of sound effects.
- Use layered tracks and built-in signal processing to create new spots that sound ten times as good, in a tenth the time.
- Forget about carts: Studio Vision Pro stores hundreds of stereo IDs, commercials, PSAs, and other spots on one or more hard drives — in hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly sequences (which can be instantly changed), with lightning-fast playback, and with consistent full CD-quality.
- Add a complete Studio Vision Pro system, including a Mac and hard drive, for the price of an open-reel 2-track.
- Set up near-maintenance-free production studios anywhere you have a desk and a pair of headphones. Bottom line? For on-air, get on-line with Studio Vision Pro.
This is the last version of Studio Vision Pro. This is a MIDI sequencing program and also Audio editor because it is the PRO version. You have to install OMS first to make it work.
OMS 2.3.8 Installer
Studio Vision 4.5