Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[Technique] Can anyone explain to me how to make a progressing arp with a quantizer?
Staff
#1
0
0
[Technique] Can anyone explain to me how to make a progressing arp with a quantizer?

Here's what I'm working with, along with a 0-Coast if something extra is needed. Basically I have a sawtooth from PNW going into Disting on Dual Quantize (H-4) to get a rising and falling scale, which is working fine. What I want to do is change the root of that scale every x amount of steps. So I have four root notes on Cellz being changed every x steps from PNW.

What I think should happen is CV from Cellz goes into Triplatt 1 with nothing out, then Sawtooth goes into Triplatt 2, and output of that goes into Disting. Base note + Sawtooth should offset it with each step on Cellz, right?

One thing I've noticed is that the pitch out from Disting is pretty low, so I've had to use Triplatt's first channel just to offset the original sawtooth higher. Beyond that, though, is my issue that rather than offsetting Cellz CV I'm mixing it? I've tried running Cellz and PNW Sawtooth through the mini-maths on 0-Coast as well and not hearing changes.

I appreciate any advice on what I'm doing here, thanks!

submitted by /u/plytheman
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Overtonium Is A Free, Open-Source Additi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Woovebox Packs A Synth, Sampler And Sequ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Free Emulator Brings Waldorf Wave Sound ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Polyend Intros Loop 8-Track Performance ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Shear Electronics Reliq Meets Anthony Ma...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9