Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Controlling Volcas with usb Midi & Ableton?
Staff
#1
0
0
Controlling Volcas with usb Midi & Ableton?

Hey! So recently I've been looking at getting a Volca Keys as a first synth.

I'm planning on using it not for live performance, but as a regular external synth in Ableton.

Thing is, I already have a full sized midi keyboard connected in USB only (no midi pins) to my laptop.

My goal is to control the synth using the full sized keyboard, and also being abled to use Ableton sequencer to trigger the synth.

How would you guys approach this setup? I already have a focusrite solo card, but there's no midi whatsoever on it. I guess I would need to buy some midi box from ableton to the synth?

(And also, since Volcas are cheap I will probably get a beats later in the process... So the midi issue would be also a problem, because I want to be able to control the two synth separately using the same midi keyboard)

Thanks for the feedback!

submitted by /u/madvock
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Ambient Machines: 5 Synths and Devices f...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Trilling Synth DARP - Dreamy Dual Arpegg...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 17
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22