Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What do I need to know about building my own rack furniture?
Staff
#1
0
0
What do I need to know about building my own rack furniture?

As I've gotten more gear, I've run into the problem of not having enough space on my desk for it all. To solve this, I'm considering building my own small studio rack (something along the lines of this) as a little woodworking DIY project, but before I do so I've got a few questions for anyone who has done something similar.

  • Is there any particular type of wood that would be appropriate for this project?

  • What accommodations in construction do I need to make in the name of heat management?

  • Is it necessary to have a space in between each piece of equipment (audio/midi interfaces, synthesizers, etc.)?

  • What are some good brands for rack rails?

submitted by /u/vacuumsaregreat
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Polysynth With A Vocoder : Gazillion Ind...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:40 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3