Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Minilogue XD causing noise to other synths on a balanced run. Solutions?
Staff
#1
0
0
Minilogue XD causing noise to other synths on a balanced run. Solutions?

I have a Korg Minilogue XD on my synth rack and everything is running to a patch bay with a high quality balanced snake and quality patch cables. Interestingly, even my actual vintage synths aren't really that noisy (not more than they should be). But I've been noticing that the Minilogue will cause noise on the line even when it's not patched into my interface, affecting the sound of other synths simply by being powered on.

I tried a HumX eliminator which I had already in my kit and that didn't fix it. The noise doesn't really sound like a hum or ground loop which is the thing. I'd describe it more like a digital farting noise, sort of akin to when a cell phone is too close to a speaker. Are there any solutions to filter this out from the line, like a special power adapter? Or maybe I should patch in the Minilogue on a separate cable run?

submitted by /u/wingleton
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
The Best Rotary Mixers And Boutique Mixi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Harley Benton V30UK: Vintage 30 Limited ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Fender Bonamassa Tone Master ’59 Twin: A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0