Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Case powering off - instantaneous or not?
Staff
#1
0
0
Case powering off - instantaneous or not?

My first case, which I've had for awhile, will basically turn off instantly as soon as I flip the power switch -- all modules shut down right away. I just got a new case and I'm testing it with a couple modules but when I turn it off it's almost like the power 'fades' away. Things keep running for a few seconds and then turn off. Modules like my Doepfer sequential switch have the LEDs quite slowly fading out.

These are the only two cases I've ever had and I'm unsure if all cases should turn off instant, like my original case, or if some do kind of 'fade off'. Basically, does this come down to something like different power supplies and it's not an issue or could this be dangerous for modules? Do your cases turn off instantly or having this 'fading off' behavior?

submitted by /u/guyliangirl
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:35 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:35 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Focusrite, Novation, and ADAM Audio: Stu...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Chip Sound of the 1990s with Hardware in...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0