Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How come so many stereo mixers are missing pan controls?
Staff
#1
0
0
How come so many stereo mixers are missing pan controls?

Trying to find a simple stereo mixer and there seems to be a distinct lack of panning controls. I get that I could patch up several vcas and something like blinds to create a pan knob, but as I get more voices this becomes exponentially prohibitive.

It’s genuinely frustrating seeing so many stereo mixers that only mix down a stereo signal instead of giving you the ability to create a stereo field with mono sources. Even the Erica synths stereo mixer has a single Pan CV in for all 4 channels. What is even a common use case for that? I would give more examples but it’s harder to find something that DOESN’T follow this puzzling paradigm (and forget about cv control).

Do people just really like hard panned voices? I guess I’m just confused about the ratio of stereo mixers that don’t have panning vs ones that do. I feel like I’m shopping at a store that provides shopping bags but only sells one kind of t-shirt.

Ok rant over. Anyone have any recommendations for a 4 channel stereo mixer with pan controls? X-Pan is unobtainium so I’m at a loss.

submitted by /u/elementIdentity
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Buchla Ziggy Synthesizer Now Expected To...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
SynthSkool Intros Degauss Vintage Synth ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Ocean Swift Intros Wave Editor For Mac &...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Free Evolving Drone And String Synth : K...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Spectral Sound Morpher : Dystopian Waves...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Free Four-Track Recorder For Windows : F...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Hands-On True-Stereo Algorithmic Reverb ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Overtonium Is A Free, Open-Source Additi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Woovebox Packs A Synth, Sampler And Sequ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5