Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Temps Utile - detailed questions!
Staff
#1
0
0
Temps Utile - detailed questions!

I have some questions about this module for anyone who knows it well!

  1. can it work as a tap-tempo clock generator using 2+ trigs from the T1/T2 inputs? This isn't a deal-breaker as I think I could use my Disting mk1 for this in tap tempo LFO mode, or maybe somehow come up with the cash for a Rebel Tech Chronos
  2. can the CV assignments work across more than 1 channel? for example could I use CV1 to change the pulse-width on the channels going to outs 3, 5 and 6?
  3. if the above is possible, are there any scaling/mapping functions within the settings for CV assignments to multiple params in the same or different channels? For example to invert CV for some parameters, or to halve its amount for some params. I'm guessing it's just a simple 1:1 mapping but it would be really nice if this was possible
  4. If I do get the module and manage to set it up to my liking, can I use it as 'set and forget' - i.e. it will remember the active settings on power cycle and I would never need to go near the menus/config stuff ever again unless I really want to.
  5. Are all the functions expecting Trigs only? For example if I want to use the burst generator for channel 4, can it respond to the length or voltage level of a Gate? Or is it 1-shot trigger only?

I'd probably like to use it like this:

- outputs 1, 2 and 3 for CV-able Mult/Div clocks from T1, using CV1, CV2 and CV3, ideally some with CV4-controlled pulse width
- channel 4 as burst generator from T2
- channels 5 and 6 set divisions but with variable pulse width from CV4

Basically I'm trying to decide between this and QCD. I have a bunch of -5 to +5 dc shifters/offsets, which I'd patch any CV into if needed (Bubblesound LVLrm) so the lack of direct control doesn't bother me, and I prefer the jack layout of the TU. Wondering if there's any other options for what I want to do?

Thanks for any answers!

submitted by /u/gigachugger
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:35 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:35 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Focusrite, Novation, and ADAM Audio: Stu...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Chip Sound of the 1990s with Hardware in...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0