Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tips for finding a good bass sound for a guitar-oriented song?
Staff
#1
0
0
Tips for finding a good bass sound for a guitar-oriented song?

I'm recording a song that's based around guitars — kind of a lo-fi indie/alt sound. I managed to play the guitar, but I don't have/play bass. Does anyone have advice for finding a good synth bass sound (doesn't have to sound like an electric bass, but has to fill that spot/frequency range in the song), or writing a synth bass part that fits with a more electric-guitar-type song? Any examples of bands that do this well?

I'm having trouble finding something that really fits. The bass either seems to stand out too much or has no definition/presence whatsoever. And I feel like if I play it at the same octave as a bass guitar, it feels like it doesn't sound deep enough.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Actual_Barnacle
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:46 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:46 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:46 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:46 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:46 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:46 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:46 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Plugins You Actually Need For Mixing
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:37 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
The M-VAVE FM-1 Frenzy Has Sound Designe...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:37 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6