Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Best hardware virtual analog tone: Nord Lead A1
Staff
#1
0
0
Best hardware virtual analog tone: Nord Lead A1

I'm a guitarist and been searching for an inspiring first synth for over a year. I've watched/listened to so many synth demos, tried an MC-101, System-8, Jupiter-X, DeepMind (analog) and I finally discovered the best sounding VA hardware synth to my ears is the Nord Lead A1.

I've always admired Nord, but the price was not worth it. I got a deal on a floor model and I finally found what I've been looking for in a synth. VA tone wise, Diva and the A1 are neck and neck IMO. I love it's simple architecture and interaction.

I've also wanted to find a drum controller/synth solution so I scooped up a used Nord Drum 3p in great condition. I like it too, but just got it yesterday.

Anyways, just super stoked with the inspirational sounds coming from the Lead A1 and I don't see it mentioned often around here. Yes the Nord Wave 2 has their VA engine, but I read a post stating it's missing/losing some fundamental harmonics compared to the Lead 4 and A1 (and maybe Stage 3). I agree, something is different with these two.

submitted by /u/Mr_You
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Bass++ Mods
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2