Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Recording to cassette tape
Staff
#1
0
0
Recording to cassette tape

I have a local DJ that plays a few of my songs at a club every weekend (I really should get out of the house and do some shows) but that’s besides the point. Anyway this local DJ has requested that I record my next few tracks to him on cassette. I have an old Tascam 424mkiii... I’ve never really used. Anyway I opened it up, all the belts are good, none of the pots or knobs crackle do to oxidization.

Tomorrow I’m going go out and get some solution to clean the heads. I’m not used to using cassettes as a medium to record. But due to the nature of the cassette, it does hiss when I playback a cassette I had laying around. I know this is normal. I can turn on dbx (which totally eliminates the hiss) but the sounds aren’t as crisp.

Hopefully cleaning the heads will reduce a little of the hissing (but I have a feeling this hiss is normal)? Also I’m curious why this DJ wants a cassette... are they coming back? I kinda live in a little bubble... lol

submitted by /u/momodig
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
The Best Guitars for Jazz Beginners: 6 H...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4