Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Beginner question about getting into synths
Staff
#1
0
0
Beginner question about getting into synths

This is probably a stupid question but I've been struggling to get a straightforward answer for it. Basically, I'm in a band with some friends and I plan on picking up the keys as it's something I've wanted to do and a lot of songs we like to cover feature songs with synths as the lead. I also want to start messing around with adding stuff with synths to what we make for fun.

I've been looking for digital keyboards that double as synths and have been eyeing stuff like a Korg Kross 2, and Roland JunoDS series. Would these make decent keyboards for a beginner looking to get into piano, but also wanting to mess around with synths?

Also, am I able to simply plug in my computer to these and use a plugin like TAL U NO LX, to emulate the sound of something like a juno60? I would love to do some Mac Demarco cover songs with my friends when jamming or gigging in a live setting in the future and a lot of his stuff was played on a juno60 so emulating that sound would be awesome.

Also if anyone has any recommendations for a workstation/synthesizer that basically fits these kind of needs, but is also affordable for a broke high schooler I'd greatly appreciate it.

submitted by /u/1sunday
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:52 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:52 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1