Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What's your cc strategy?
Staff
#1
0
0
What's your cc strategy?

In general I'm interested in what cc's folks prioritise when the controller options are limited (8 per channel on digitakt etc) as well as how you organise cc assignments on a controller with lots of knobs and sliders (which ones are best for encoders, sliders, pads, buttons)

Specifically, I'm scratching my head trying to map my blue box to my keylab mk2. I only want to map the cc's that I would automate (EQ, FX) and the ones that are used often but can be a couple button presses away (mute, solo). I'm using all 12 mono tracks and each track had 16 assignable cc's on the EQ alone.

The 16 cc's on the eq break down to 4 cc's per band. I'm curious how one would choose say, 2 or maybe 4 EQ cc's per track. Should I forget 3 bands and just focus on one? I've never had this kind of EQ and don't really know what to prioritise.

All thoughts on cc mapping most welcome. Cheers!

submitted by /u/the_tendril_zone
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
sE Electronics V8: A Premium Stage Mic w...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Focusrite, Novation, and ADAM Audio: Stu...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:37 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0