Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Cinematic music studio setup — hardware vs software
Staff
#1
0
0
Cinematic music studio setup — hardware vs software

My goal is to do cinematic/video game music (as well as ambient/synthwave/etc). I have the fully upgraded Komplete 12 and a computer that is decked out to handle big projects. Unfortunately, I also dislike working completely in the box. I’ve started collecting digital synths/romplers (JV-1080, JD-990, VZ-10M), and my GAS is on overdrive. I’m pretty much lusting over the Proteus 2500 as well as the Integra 7, JV-2080, and TX802. Considering that I have Komplete, am I being wasteful chasing after those other synths? How do the sounds compare with Komplete? Will I be better off with the hardware if I dislike working with software (at least full time...I’ll probably use some libraries for things like choirs or ambiance)?

submitted by /u/Tiernan1980
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:47 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:47 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0