Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Recording straight from synthesizer
Staff
#1
0
0
Recording straight from synthesizer

Hi, so I'm sort of a newbie when it comes to hardware synths, although I've been composing, in an amateurish way, on DAWs using a MIDI keyboard for fifteen years.

I recently purchased a hardware synth though—the Studiologic Sledge 2.0. and I am wondering what devices and components I need in order to record straight from my synthesizer? can i purchase an audio recorder like a tascam (haven't purchased yet) and then run stereo out to XLR cables to record two channels on the recorder? Do I need an intermediary device to help control the output before it hits the recorder?

I do realize I could just record into my computer—I have Logic and Omnisphere and dozens of other plug-ins, but I won't always have a computer at hand, and want to learn a different technique.

submitted by /u/MARATXXX
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Vinyl DJ 2026: Essential Gear for Perfec...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Stylophone Mini: Honey I Shrunk the Styl...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2