Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Engineering Project - Analog to Digital Synthesizer
Staff
#1
0
0
Engineering Project - Analog to Digital Synthesizer

Hey all -

I am an engineering student taking an Analog to Digital class and decided to build a very, very simple analog synthesizer as my final project.

I have 4 months to build this thing - my goal is to produce a true analog sound, amplify it with an Op Amp, and use high resolution potentiometers to play with sound.

Once that is accomplished - I plan to use clocking signals combined with a series of AND gates and some memory to accomplish basic Digital Signal Processing downstream.

My question to this community is: how can I create a true analog sound using simple components (oscillator, resistors, and potentiometers)?

I have the ability to create a PCB once I have the concept down. Thanks for any help you can provide!

submitted by /u/Milo_Mojo
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Adam Jones’ Guitar Tone: Sound Like Tool...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Gluon, DRUMFLX, BIT LAYER: Free Plugins ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
10 Minutes with HUM 2 : Nystrom Instrume...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Buchla Ziggy Synthesizer Now Expected To...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
SynthSkool Intros Degauss Vintage Synth ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Ocean Swift Intros Wave Editor For Mac &...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Free Evolving Drone And String Synth : K...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Spectral Sound Morpher : Dystopian Waves...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Free Four-Track Recorder For Windows : F...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4