Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Have you moved away from drums in your rack?
Staff
#1
0
0
Have you moved away from drums in your rack?

I am trying to decide whether or not to sell some modules that are usually associated with percussion/drums in rack (Squid Salmple, Akemie’s Taiko, Varigate 8, Stolperbeats) because I feel like they are taking up space that could be better utilized.

I have another case they could go into but I keep coming back to the nagging thought that in-rack drums are never going to be what I want them to be. I generally prefer programming drums in Ableton because I can get to a level of complexity that is much higher, more quickly than with in-rack sequencers. Trying to do Aphex/Squarepusher style stuff just seems super cumbersome in the rack and I don’t know if there is any way to get around that.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences with either removing drums from your rack, or if you got them to work with your setup, what were the factors that helped there?

submitted by /u/androof
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
MPC2000 Mods by vubeatz: Unlocking Hidde...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Overtonium, Ultiverb, ENS-86: Free Plugi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10