Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Doug McKechnie: Synth pioneer history forgot?
Staff
#1
0
0
Doug McKechnie: Synth pioneer history forgot?

I was put onto Doug McKechnie reading an article about "albums you may have missed" that featured his compilation record San Francisco Moog: 1968​-​72 Vol. 2. I was surprised I had never heard of him and that this reddit seems to have no posts related to him, while all that I'm reading about him indicates he's a synth pioneer. He'd give performances at art shows and hippie fests on a Moog Modular Series III (serial #004...that he sold to Tangerine Dream). His performances gained enough traction that he got to play at Altamont. He was Tangerine Dreamin' before Tangerine Dream was and was basically an acid-loving psychedelic electronic music-making West Coast hippy that was doing it on a Moog instead of a Buchla. From what I read, he didn't really put out any albums, so that's possibly why you don't really see him mentioned. Am I the only one that hasn't heard of him on here? Anyway, for those in the same boat as me, here's a recent interview that gives a nice summary of what he's done and what he's doing: https://www.musicradar.com/news/doug-mckechnie-synth-pioneer

submitted by /u/emorello
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Vinyl DJ 2026: Essential Gear for Perfec...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Stylophone Mini: Honey I Shrunk the Styl...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5