Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
First Rack Help - Pairing With 0-Coast
Staff
#1
0
0
First Rack Help - Pairing With 0-Coast

Hello, everyone! So as the story goes, I got an 0-coast recently as I've heard it's a great entry point for modular, and I'm completely hooked. I've done a bit of research on modular and as completely overwhelmed as I am, I think I've pieced together a somewhat coherent rig and a good compliment to 0-coast.

https://i.imgur.com/Ap2CFY9.png

​

My main goal is to stay monophonic and use the rig for Leads, Basses, Plucks, and Percussion. I have a Digitone I'll be using for Pads, Chords, Drums, and MIDI sequencing (I also have a keystep as well as an SQ-1). I decided the Intellijel 62hp Palette case would be a great starting point as I want to start small and try to stay pretty minimal with my setup. The Mimeophon, Rings, and Plaits are the must have modules for me but I'd like some criticism and recommendations for things I can change up if need be. My main thought process with these three modules is signal processing, effects, and a second oscillator to really bring out the 0-Coast on top of being able to be played on its own. Cinnamon is obviously there to fill the void of a proper filter for the 0-Coast. Stages is the one module I'm questioning the most; I compared it to Maths at first but realized I could gain some hp and snag a Disting by going with stages considering the 0-Coast has a built in Attenuverter. I'm really only looking to use it for a solid ADSR/LFO and I'm thinking it might be overkill. Otherwise, I think I'm pretty happy with this setup, but as a beginner feel as though I might run into issues along the way. Am I missing anything obvious about this setup? Are there any must have utilities I don't know about? Any stupid mistakes I could make starting out, or is this gonna be a solid rig for what I want it to do? Please let me know what you think and ask me any questions you may have! Thank you!

submitted by /u/steamyrayvaugn
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Overtonium Is A Free, Open-Source Additi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Woovebox Packs A Synth, Sampler And Sequ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Free Emulator Brings Waldorf Wave Sound ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Polyend Intros Loop 8-Track Performance ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Shear Electronics Reliq Meets Anthony Ma...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9