Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Ordered my first midi controllers!
Staff
#1
0
0
Ordered my first midi controllers!

I have a Samson Graphite 49 and a QuNeo on the way. I'm still fairly new to composing/producing and am experimenting with different genres. The DAWs I'm using include Acid Pro, Reaper, Sound Forge Pro, LMMS and Ardour (Windows 10 laptop, Linux desktop and an iConnectivity Audio 4+ that they both talk to). I picked up the Magix DAWs from the recent Humble Bundle and started evaluating Reaper yesterday. I'm inclined to use Reaper for most things and Rewire Acid for loops if I prefer it to working with loops in Reaper,

The synths I plan to use are Surge, Pianoteq and soundfonts. I'm also fairly new to synthesis - are there any recommended resources to learn about synthesis from? (I do plan to reread the archived Sound on Sound series.) My budget is now depleted but I may invest in Serum later. I'll have zynaddsubfx on the Linux machine and also plan on dabbling with csound for a microtonal idea. Musescore is my preferred notation editor.

Mostly I'm excited to have knobs and faders on the way but am hoping to receive advice on things to think of while I take the next step on my musical journey.

submitted by /u/mekosmowski
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Guitar Summit 2026: 14,900 Visitors, 659...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Arturia update the MiniFreak
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
VSL introduce Synchron Cimbalom & World ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Gibson & Baggs unveil HiFi DNA pickup
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Image-Line & Antares reveal AutoTune Go
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Modartt launch Airteq
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Wavea release Flite V2
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Rupert Neve Designs introduce three plug...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Adam Jones’ Guitar Tone: Sound Like Tool...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6