Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Intellijel palette 62 vs Rackbrute 3u for first case
Staff
#1
0
0
Intellijel palette 62 vs Rackbrute 3u for first case

Just mulling over pros and cons of these cases to use to base a first build on.

Different aesthetics... I do like the Rackbrute, but practicality & bang for buck probably outweigh that consideration and the Palette has a good clean look to it.

The Palette is narrower and more expensive but makes up for it I think with the 1u row for utilities, and includes audio/midi connections which would take up space in the Rackbrute.

I'm a bit torn.

Any opinions on these - or anything you'd recommend instead?

Edit: A couple of people have suggested much bigger cases, like the Rackbrute 6u or the Mantis. Both look great, but I really am going to start off small and don't like the idea of having a largely empty rack for say a year. If I do decide to expand and grow, then I will doubtless end up swapping modules in and out and can do the same with the case.

Budget for case, power, midi, audio out is circa £300. I thought about the niftycase but only mono audio.

submitted by /u/D_Beep
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Ambient Machines: 5 Synths and Devices f...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Trilling Synth DARP - Dreamy Dual Arpegg...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22