Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
MI Clouds Density Knob problem
Staff
#1
0
0
MI Clouds Density Knob problem

Hello,

I am very new to modular, today I am having an issue with Clouds and wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else.

Today was the first time I explored the new modes (specular madness etc) and when I returned to granular mode, the density knob was not behaving as it should.

For example, when to the right of 12 o clock, the grains were no longer random at all. No matter which way it is turned, they are in sequential order, so the density knob is almost behaving like an in gain knob.

Tried unplugging, plugging back in to no avail.

Any ideas? I thought about updating the firmware as I got it secondhand so I thought maybe there is a bug that is fixed in an update, but this seems unlike any bug I read about on the website. Not sure if the previous owner had it all the way updated or not.

Also just to be clear, it has been working fine since I bought it. Only had issues after messing around with the other modes.

Thanks for reading,

Scarlet

​

UPDATE: Tried updating the firmware today, unfortunately having the same problem. I sent a video of the problem to MI support, so we'll see. In the mean time, I will investigate the possibility of a faulty pot as per u/Spectral_Glacier 's advice. I attached the video here. Thanks again to everyone who commented/upvoted.

https://reddit.com/link/nrsfgj/video/jnnlsb33ib371/player

submitted by /u/Living_Milk2719
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
EVE Audio partner with Arturia
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
5 of the Best Analog Polysynths: Tones S...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Analogue Solutions ship second Filtopia ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7