Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Choosing between 'traditional' and wavetable LFO?
Staff
#1
0
0
Choosing between 'traditional' and wavetable LFO?

I'm trying to choose my first LFO for my rack. I've narrowed it down to two at the moment -- the AJH Minimod Dual LFO & VCA, and the Synthesis Technology Morphing Dual LFO. I plan to have both a Minimod VCO & VCF in my system, as well as the SynthTech E300 and E440 VCO and VCF. I like AJH's stuff, the build quality is great, and I'm used to 'traditional' LFOs. Plus the AJH LFO comes with a VCA. But the SynthTech LFO seems to offer more waveform possibilities to play with (and the build quality is great as well). Is there something else that the AJH LFO would offer me over the SynthTech that I'm not seeing? I realise that the AJH is analog, while the SynthTech is digital, so if these were VCOs that would be a definite difference, but since these are just being used to modulate, I don't know if that makes a difference .

submitted by /u/atacamasand
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Most simple VCF on earth
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:10 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6