Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Choosing between 'traditional' and wavetable LFO?
Staff
#1
0
0
Choosing between 'traditional' and wavetable LFO?

I'm trying to choose my first LFO for my rack. I've narrowed it down to two at the moment -- the AJH Minimod Dual LFO & VCA, and the Synthesis Technology Morphing Dual LFO. I plan to have both a Minimod VCO & VCF in my system, as well as the SynthTech E300 and E440 VCO and VCF. I like AJH's stuff, the build quality is great, and I'm used to 'traditional' LFOs. Plus the AJH LFO comes with a VCA. But the SynthTech LFO seems to offer more waveform possibilities to play with (and the build quality is great as well). Is there something else that the AJH LFO would offer me over the SynthTech that I'm not seeing? I realise that the AJH is analog, while the SynthTech is digital, so if these were VCOs that would be a definite difference, but since these are just being used to modulate, I don't know if that makes a difference .

submitted by /u/atacamasand
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
The Best Rotary Mixers And Boutique Mixi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Harley Benton V30UK: Vintage 30 Limited ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Fender Bonamassa Tone Master ’59 Twin: A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0