Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Choosing between 'traditional' and wavetable LFO?
Staff
#1
0
0
Choosing between 'traditional' and wavetable LFO?

I'm trying to choose my first LFO for my rack. I've narrowed it down to two at the moment -- the AJH Minimod Dual LFO & VCA, and the Synthesis Technology Morphing Dual LFO. I plan to have both a Minimod VCO & VCF in my system, as well as the SynthTech E300 and E440 VCO and VCF. I like AJH's stuff, the build quality is great, and I'm used to 'traditional' LFOs. Plus the AJH LFO comes with a VCA. But the SynthTech LFO seems to offer more waveform possibilities to play with (and the build quality is great as well). Is there something else that the AJH LFO would offer me over the SynthTech that I'm not seeing? I realise that the AJH is analog, while the SynthTech is digital, so if these were VCOs that would be a definite difference, but since these are just being used to modulate, I don't know if that makes a difference .

submitted by /u/atacamasand
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Buchla Ziggy Synthesizer Now Expected To...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
SynthSkool Intros Degauss Vintage Synth ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Ocean Swift Intros Wave Editor For Mac &...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Free Evolving Drone And String Synth : K...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Spectral Sound Morpher : Dystopian Waves...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Free Four-Track Recorder For Windows : F...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Hands-On True-Stereo Algorithmic Reverb ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Overtonium Is A Free, Open-Source Additi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Woovebox Packs A Synth, Sampler And Sequ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5