Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Choosing between 'traditional' and wavetable LFO?
Staff
#1
0
0
Choosing between 'traditional' and wavetable LFO?

I'm trying to choose my first LFO for my rack. I've narrowed it down to two at the moment -- the AJH Minimod Dual LFO & VCA, and the Synthesis Technology Morphing Dual LFO. I plan to have both a Minimod VCO & VCF in my system, as well as the SynthTech E300 and E440 VCO and VCF. I like AJH's stuff, the build quality is great, and I'm used to 'traditional' LFOs. Plus the AJH LFO comes with a VCA. But the SynthTech LFO seems to offer more waveform possibilities to play with (and the build quality is great as well). Is there something else that the AJH LFO would offer me over the SynthTech that I'm not seeing? I realise that the AJH is analog, while the SynthTech is digital, so if these were VCOs that would be a definite difference, but since these are just being used to modulate, I don't know if that makes a difference .

submitted by /u/atacamasand
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5