Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Combining multiply voices
Staff
#1
0
0
Combining multiply voices

This maybe has already been asked and answered here but I’ve been unable to locate it.

When 16 (UK GCSE) I took electronics and built a 555 oscillator keyboard. This was 17 years ago and the resources online aren’t what they are now, but I opted for 24 individual circuits with their own chip for each note hoping to create something polyphonic. All the other designs I found used one chip with different variable resistors for different notes.

Long story short, I didn’t work. Pressing multiple keys gave me harmonics above both notes played. This is when I realised mixing sounds into one output was out of my reach at the time.

I’m now interested in modular synths and want to go down a DIY route. If one wants to combine two sounds (drum and bass for example) how are the two waves combined to make each audible and distinct without them adding together and creating new sounds? Is there a certain type of mixer circuit? Or am I thinking about it all wrong?

submitted by /u/trumpettongo
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Raspel: Free plug-in from Kreuzberg Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
LinnStrument limited-time offer
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Mike Beigel: 1947–2026
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
UVI Falcon 2027 Flies The Nest with More...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Melbourne Instruments ROTO-CONTROL: 60+ ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7