Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Combining multiply voices
Staff
#1
0
0
Combining multiply voices

This maybe has already been asked and answered here but I’ve been unable to locate it.

When 16 (UK GCSE) I took electronics and built a 555 oscillator keyboard. This was 17 years ago and the resources online aren’t what they are now, but I opted for 24 individual circuits with their own chip for each note hoping to create something polyphonic. All the other designs I found used one chip with different variable resistors for different notes.

Long story short, I didn’t work. Pressing multiple keys gave me harmonics above both notes played. This is when I realised mixing sounds into one output was out of my reach at the time.

I’m now interested in modular synths and want to go down a DIY route. If one wants to combine two sounds (drum and bass for example) how are the two waves combined to make each audible and distinct without them adding together and creating new sounds? Is there a certain type of mixer circuit? Or am I thinking about it all wrong?

submitted by /u/trumpettongo
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Vinyl DJ 2026: Essential Gear for Perfec...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Stylophone Mini: Honey I Shrunk the Styl...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0