Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
e352 wavetable sample rate - how much of a dealbreaker?
Staff
#1
0
0
e352 wavetable sample rate - how much of a dealbreaker?

I'm very interested in the e352 but its low sample rate on wavetables seems offputting. Nonetheless, every other feature it has seems perfect and getting a different module that has a higher sample rate on the waves won't deliver on the features I want - may as well just use serum. The goal I have in mind for it is to be a very flexible, open ended oscillator that can do smooth wavetable scans whether for percussion or drones - by open ended I want to be able to morph between percussion and texture without thinking of the two as separate. Most non-wavetable oscillators don't seem to provide nearly the timbral complexity that you can get with wavetables imo. I current;y have the shapeshifter which I will keep for its FM qualities but doesn't really satisfy me for wavetable scanning duties.

Just wondering about peoples experiences with it. Does it really struggle with bass interpolation? Any demos you know that show that problem?

submitted by /u/WodeRoll
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Polarity-MEQ, GRNi Lite, Lega Effect: Fr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Ambient Machines: 5 Synths and Devices f...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5