Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
another noise drama
Staff
#1
0
0
another noise drama

hi, may I rack your lovely brains for a moment please?

I'm running external hardware > Veils > Starlab > Interface

the prophet rev2 is the culprit of some annoying hissy noise that is significant enough to be a nuisance. I think it may be within Sequential's tolerances but I'm going to reach out anyway to be sure.

already tried running the rev2's output through a hum destroyer but this doesn't help. So here come the questions!

I was thinking I'll probably have to try a DI box next, and that it would have to be closest to the source and before veils so noise doesn't feed into Starlab, but is there any reason I shouldn't run TRS into Veils?

and do you think this would even be any different? I thought the hum destroyer should have done the trick if it was a ground loop.

sorry this is incredibly tedious. very grateful for any input

submitted by /u/khan-tolle
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Kreuzberg Audio reveal Oberton
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:26 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
The Crow Hill Company release Children’s...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:26 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Neumann launch the KK 104 A & KK 105 A
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:26 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
LW6 wireless headphones from Lewitt Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:26 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Avalanche Tones introduce Noise Suite
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:26 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Apple Mac Studio with M5 Max: First Impr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:26 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
SoundGhost release Orbit
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:26 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:35 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:35 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3