Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
another noise drama
Staff
#1
0
0
another noise drama

hi, may I rack your lovely brains for a moment please?

I'm running external hardware > Veils > Starlab > Interface

the prophet rev2 is the culprit of some annoying hissy noise that is significant enough to be a nuisance. I think it may be within Sequential's tolerances but I'm going to reach out anyway to be sure.

already tried running the rev2's output through a hum destroyer but this doesn't help. So here come the questions!

I was thinking I'll probably have to try a DI box next, and that it would have to be closest to the source and before veils so noise doesn't feed into Starlab, but is there any reason I shouldn't run TRS into Veils?

and do you think this would even be any different? I thought the hum destroyer should have done the trick if it was a ground loop.

sorry this is incredibly tedious. very grateful for any input

submitted by /u/khan-tolle
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Buchla Ziggy Synthesizer Now Expected To...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
SynthSkool Intros Degauss Vintage Synth ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Ocean Swift Intros Wave Editor For Mac &...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Free Evolving Drone And String Synth : K...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Spectral Sound Morpher : Dystopian Waves...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Free Four-Track Recorder For Windows : F...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Hands-On True-Stereo Algorithmic Reverb ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Overtonium Is A Free, Open-Source Additi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Woovebox Packs A Synth, Sampler And Sequ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4