Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Differences between borg filters and Doepfer vactrol filters?
Staff
#1
0
0
Differences between borg filters and Doepfer vactrol filters?

Hello I have been on the modular synth analog run for a good four years and wanted to ask for opinions on these filters. If I had to run down through most of my filters A-121-2, (borrowed) AJH ladder clone, Dr Octature II and finally the magnificent Voluptron I would say they for the most part sound Opamp hollow in their character and while I like it, I also want to get an asymmetric rich sounding filter too. I figured odd pole filters (303 type filter, leapfrog 5 pole etc.) would have that extra grit I am looking for as they most likely offset the input's phase and in resonating also introducing other peaks of harmonics like is natural for the asymmetric sawwave waveform.

For even more grit I would imagine the best result would come from alternative hardware to the usual opamp sound, such as vactrols and FETs and diodes etc.

Does anyone have both Doepfer's vactrol filters and malekko wiard Borg filters?

What do these sound like compared to your standard low pass and unique from each other?

Thanks ?

submitted by /u/CyBay
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
EVE Audio partner with Arturia
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
5 of the Best Analog Polysynths: Tones S...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Analogue Solutions ship second Filtopia ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
ADAM Audio introduce the Sub8 PRO & Sub1...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3