Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Predictability?
Staff
#1
0
0
Predictability?

I don't know how to phrase this without it sounding a bit patronising. But how the hell do you know what you are doing..?

I've been around synths a long time. Only recently tried 'modern' modular. I can tell you plenty of the theory how they work. But I have, say, 3, modules wired together, the output could be anywhere.

I have a (Behringer) Wasp. I know, near enough, what is going to happen if I turn this or that knob. Old school subtractive synthesis (and I lived in Sheffield a long time).

Do you actually decide ahead of time "I want this sound", like a traditional musician would (or possibly Kraftwerk), or just dive in? How much do you determine the sound?

I found myself thinking, I know how to change this sound, over there a bit. But it wasn't ahead of time, I want to do this. /Modify the sound in that direction, maybe. But then if you are using shitloads of sequencers, just wtf?

Live people, not a seat of pants thing? One minute Skrillex, next bad farty noises... (Can you tell them apart?)

submitted by /u/danja
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Adam Jones’ Guitar Tone: Sound Like Tool...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Gluon, DRUMFLX, BIT LAYER: Free Plugins ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
10 Minutes with HUM 2 : Nystrom Instrume...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Buchla Ziggy Synthesizer Now Expected To...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
SynthSkool Intros Degauss Vintage Synth ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Ocean Swift Intros Wave Editor For Mac &...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Free Evolving Drone And String Synth : K...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Spectral Sound Morpher : Dystopian Waves...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Free Four-Track Recorder For Windows : F...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6