Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Vintage drum machines connecting to Eurorack: can all Eurorack modules take +12V?
Staff
#1
0
0
Vintage drum machines connecting to Eurorack: can all Eurorack modules take +12V?

I'm new to Eurorack but had both some Fracrack systems as well as a Roland 100m in the past (as well as other vintage synths, like the SH101, the ProMars, etc).

I was just reading about Eurorack voltages. Apparently +5v/-5v is the norm? I never really thought about it before with my vintage synths or the Fracrack systems: i just connected one thing to another and it all worked.

One commenter in the discussion I was reading was wondering about connecting vintage drum machines to Eurorack modulars. Apparently these produce a higher voltage than +5V. It got me to thinking: I have a Roland TR606 and a DR55. I don't have any idea the voltage out on these.

Can I just plug these into any Eurorack module and those modules should be able to handle it? For instance into the gate/trigger in of a filter or EG? Does this vary by manufacturer? (For instance, I see Synthesis Tech. modules expect +5V/-5V).

The discussion I was reading concluded that all Eurorack modules SHOULD be able to handle up to +12V without damage. But that was just someone's opinion.

Any info much appreciated!

submitted by /u/atacamasand
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Overtonium Is A Free, Open-Source Additi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Woovebox Packs A Synth, Sampler And Sequ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Free Emulator Brings Waldorf Wave Sound ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Polyend Intros Loop 8-Track Performance ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Shear Electronics Reliq Meets Anthony Ma...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9