Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
First rack (FX, Processing, Ambient) - need help.
Staff
#1
0
0
First rack (FX, Processing, Ambient) - need help.

Hey, I want to get into modular because I think it is super creative, a lot of fun and good for meditation purposes. Currently my setup is more based around different small synths and some Elektron stuff (Octarack, Monomachine).

I don't really know yet where to go with the modular, but at the moment I'm planning to use it as an FX processor, drone machine, ambiance generator and I'm also into lush and heavily modulated melody sequences.

I got a 0-Coast yesterday, so there are a lot of basic functionalities already there - but I don't plan to center everything around the 0-coast. It's a good companion for starting out, but i'll probably replace it sooner or later with dedicated modules.

What I don't (neccessarily) want to do atm:

  • have a super sophisticated live-playing rig

  • do everything on the modular (I still love the Octatrack and Monomachine as well as MaxMSP, so layering can be done here)

  • have a clone of a vintage monosynth or create ripping basslines

Of course if above is also possible with the rig this is a plus, but it has no priority. I have some bucks to spend, and while I realise that you should build slowly, I want to get going immediately and don't be too limited in the beginning.

So here's a suggestion: https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_155630.jpg

And this are modules I find also interesting: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/image/582811.jpg

Everything is up for discussion here - so please feel free to rip it apart. I think what's definitely missing are more modulation sources and utilities - what do you think can compliment my setup here?

The ES-8 is pretty much essential, since with MaxMSP it's pretty much an infinite-possibilities module that can temporarily substitute a lot of other modules. That's perfect for trying things out in order to get a feeling of what I need.

The Tempi - I don't know if I need this really, but I'm a big fan of clocked modulations that create percussive, tribal sounds.

I really loved the videos I saw of the 4ms DLD and SMR, but maybe you have some alternatives. I thought about the Rainmaker instead, but that's a very menu-diving, complex module and I don't know if I like that.

As for the Frames - I'm not sure I understood fully what it does - but I think it is a good alternative for something like the Pressure Points and it adds a lot more features.

Really appreciate your help, so thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/ezdac
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Polyend introduce the Loop
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Waves introduce Tracks Live 2.0
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
SoundBridge 3.2.0 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Kreuzberg Audio reveal Oberton
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
The Crow Hill Company release Children’s...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Neumann launch the KK 104 A & KK 105 A
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
LW6 wireless headphones from Lewitt Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Avalanche Tones introduce Noise Suite
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Apple Mac Studio with M5 Max: First Impr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4