Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Keep my Organelle? Or get an analog synth?
Staff
#1
0
0
Keep my Organelle? Or get an analog synth?

Hey! I'm a songwriter and guitar player into noisy, messy warped pop and I'd like to add some FAT, grimey/dirty/squelchy synth to my stuff (think Octave CAT, Arp Odyssey, SH-101, and MS-20 sounds, with Devo, early Daft Punk, Tobacco/Black Moth Super Rainbow, The Unicorns, Brainiac, and Battles as my touchstones).

My only synth right now is an Organelle-1 I got 1.5 years ago to explore synth sounds, sampling, drum machine capabilities, looping, and effects processing. I've enjoyed it, and it lead me to buy gear dedicated to the best sounds/tools I discovered (effects pedals, a looper, a couple Pocket Operators, an SP404SX as dedicated sampler), and to start using DAWs for effects and softsynths.

I still use it as an idea-generator and occasionally on demos as a synth or polyrhythmic drum machine, but I don't think it even matches GarageBand softsynths in terms of the punch I'm looking for. I think it might be time to let it go.

Anyone want to guide a synth n00b?! Should I hang on to the little everything box, combining it with softsynths? Sell it and fund, say, a Behringer MS-1/MS-101 or Korg MS-20 Mini??

submitted by /u/metaphysicalpackrat
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 18
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 14
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15