Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Power Setup Question (FC Microbuses)
Staff
#1
0
0
Power Setup Question (FC Microbuses)

I have two Frequency Central Microbus Power Supplies (microbus ) setup in my small rack. These each take 12VAC/1.0A and I have them powered by a single 12V AC/AC 2.0A wallwart (this, but 2.0A wallwart). I've gotten a bunch of high-power-draw modules, so I'm adding two more Microbus power supplies for a total of four. I don't want to double up the wallwarts, so I'm looking for a clean, mount inside my case solution to transform 120VAC => 12VAC/~4.0A.

Can I use this transformer (120VAC => 12VAC/5.0A/60W transformer) It's cheap and will show up tomorrow!

​

Do I need in-line fuses to each of the Microbus boards? What rating? 1.0A? 1.25A?

​

Is there something different you would recommend?

​

The Frequency Central boards are fine, but I probably should have gone with a larger standard power solution in general to start with, but now I am knee deep in the sunk cost fallacy, digging my way out.

​

Thanks for any help! I appreciate your time!

submitted by /u/JeebsFat
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
The Best Rotary Mixers And Boutique Mixi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Harley Benton V30UK: Vintage 30 Limited ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Fender Bonamassa Tone Master ’59 Twin: A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0