Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Need Guidance. Unskilled and feel lost, not sure what to focus on.
Staff
#1
0
0
Need Guidance. Unskilled and feel lost, not sure what to focus on.

I am a novice and am struggling to do anything useful with my gear.

Baby modular rack - https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/388218
Microbrute, Volca Beats, Beatstep Pro, Korg SQ-1

I usually intend to sit down and just practice messing around, but I usually get bogged down with forgetting how something works or syncing issues. I’ll make a couple beeps and boops and soon I’ll be tired of how difficult it seems to create anything resembling a composition. If ive made a nice groove, I don’t have a way to record it. Even if I did, I don’t know what to do with it next.

Part of the problem is, I have no previous musical skills, and I half-know how to use each piece of gear. I do like learning about the science, and gear, and figuring out how to make cool noises. However, I’d eventually like to be able to play something with my GF who plays guitar, piano, bass, ukulele, accordion, and a half dozen other instruments. She might be more help to me but she doesn’t have knowledge or interest in the electronic side.

I like the idea of keeping it a simple hardware only setup, but maybe I need an interface to connect a PC/iOS. Perhaps an ES-8 or iConnectAUDIO4+ ? Perhaps a mixer, or usb mixer/interface? Perhaps an ouput module like uJack? Maybe gear isn’t the answer and I should just try to record a song cover on the microbrute? Learn to play piano? Any advice would be very appreciated!

submitted by /u/vuxnomica
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
EVE Audio partner with Arturia
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
5 of the Best Analog Polysynths: Tones S...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Analogue Solutions ship second Filtopia ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7