Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Which Polysynth? OB6 vs Prophet 6 vs Juno?
Staff
#1
0
0
Which Polysynth? OB6 vs Prophet 6 vs Juno?

Hi there. I’ve seen many posts like this but since I am not in an area where I can try out these synths for myself, so here we are!

I’m less concerned what is a “better” synth engineering wise and more so what would work better for my own needs and music style. I have about $3,000 saved and would like whatever synth to be in that range or less.

My gear so far — Roland SH09 / Korg Minilogue / Elektron Digitakt / Arturia Keystep.

I’d like a polysynth that would mix well with all of these or could potentially replace the Minilogue. My music style leans heavily towards dark 80s electropop, layered with heavy guitar + dreamy vocals. I also dabble in experimental ambient / melodic techno. I’m primarily a guitar player so will probably rely heavily on sequences, arps, pads and am looking for a synth that can produce lush sounds without too much menu diving. One that I will sequence live but probably won’t actually play that much...which is why I’m leaning towards a module. The OB6 + Prophet 6 seemed like obvious winners, but am having trouble deciding based on youtube comparisons. I prefer analog “vintage” sounds in general though. I’m a huge fan of the Juno 60, which fits well with my style but I want something a bit more updated. I’m not opposed to still buying it if someone can convince me otherwise.

Thank you for reading — I appreciate any / all suggestions!

submitted by /u/lizjperl
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
WeissKlang reveal KlangFormer 2
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:46 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:46 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
TC Electronic 2290: The U2 Delay
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
EVE Audio partner with Arturia
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Analogue Solutions ship second Filtopia ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
ADAM Audio introduce the Sub8 PRO & Sub1...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
The DMNO ON from UDO Audio
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Sound Particles update Energy Panner 2 &...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Cherry Audio release Pentaphonic
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7