Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Resources for Advanced Scale Quantizing
Staff
#1
0
0
Resources for Advanced Scale Quantizing

Hi all - I'm wondering if there are guides or videos available regarding quantizers and non-traditional modes and scales (specifically I'm interested in Arabic Maqams and Indian Ragas). I'd imagine this would be best represented by 24-tone systems, even though this doesn't fully capture the nuances of microtonality and varied ascensions and descensions.

Would anybody be able to point me in the direction of any materials that can give me some insight? If not, maybe I'll kick off a research project and share some PDFs if you all are interested.

submitted by /u/abaoaqu
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Vinyl DJ 2026: Essential Gear for Perfec...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Stylophone Mini: Honey I Shrunk the Styl...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2