Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Werkstatt 2nd oscillator question
Staff
#1
0
0
Werkstatt 2nd oscillator question

I recently purchased a werkstatt, and wanted to try using my korg little bits oscillator as a 2nd oscillator on the moog. I got a little bits CV module, and am able to plug pitch-out on my keystep to the cv in, and hear sound through the little bits speaker. The little bits chain consists of the DC power unit => cv module => oscillator module => audio module (speaker and line out). I'm still new to the little bits cv module, as I understand it doesn't have a true gate signal. When I press a key on my keystep, the pitch holds this tone until the next key is pressed. not sure if that's expected in this setup, but it's what I've encountered with other CV synths when gate is not connected.

​

I assumed that I could just plug a patch cable from the stackable cable that runs from my keystep pitch out to the werkstatt VC EXP FM in, to the korg little bits CV in module. I then planned on connecting the korg oscillator audio output to the VCF audio in on the moog. But when I do this, pressing keys make no sound.

​

Can anyone help explain how I could use the little bits oscillator in conjunction with the werkstatt? I've read that I may need to cut a trace on the PCB in order for VCF audio-in to work as expected, but wasn't sure if this is required on the re-release model that came out recently.

submitted by /u/SID-VIC
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Fender Bonamassa Tone Master ’59 Twin: A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
UVI Falcon 2027 Flies The Nest with More...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
ADAM Audio Sub10 PRO and Sub8 PRO: 2 New...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Teenage Engineering Wants to Stop Making...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2