Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Rainmaker vs Echoboy
Staff
#1
0
0
Rainmaker vs Echoboy

I'm interested in persepctives from wigglers who have used both Intellijel Rainmaker and Soundtoys Echoboy. I currently use my limited modular setup to record stems into a DAW for follow-on manipulation. While Echoboy does get me to some happy accidents, I still use it primarily as a "preset machine." What I like about Rainmaker is that it seems to travel far and wide from the source material and arrive at discoveries that traditional delays could. Is the Echoboy just as deep, and I'm not putting in the time, or is Rainmaker really something I should check out?

​

I do enjoy working in a DAW (I make experimental downtempo), and see modular as a way of getting places that the computer can't take me. That, and it's damn fun. Here's my simple setup (minus the Rainmaker and C4rbon). Suggestions welcomed!

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1259718

edit: typos

submitted by /u/mini_thins
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
LinnStrument limited-time offer
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Mike Beigel: 1947–2026
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6