Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Resources for Learning Yamaha's FM-X engine
Staff
#1
0
0
Resources for Learning Yamaha's FM-X engine

What's up guys? I just received my MODX8 in the mail after 3 agonising weeks of waiting and I've spent the last 6 days getting deep into this synth. It's awesome, so much power and versatility. There's some nice tutorials on YouTube, Dom Sigalas has helped immensely. But, I feel like through studying the patches he makes I'm not so much learning the FM-X engine as I am just writing down synth recipe's.

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for resources for learning the FM-X engine (or even just the Montage/Modx in general). I've been through the owners manual and started looking through the absolute behemoth that is the reference manual. Tried looking on Udemy and The great courses plus but no luck so far.

submitted by /u/RoyOrbisonsGhost
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
The Best Rotary Mixers And Boutique Mixi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Harley Benton V30UK: Vintage 30 Limited ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Fender Bonamassa Tone Master ’59 Twin: A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0