Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help! Issue sending MIDI from Logic Pro X
Staff
#1
0
0
Help! Issue sending MIDI from Logic Pro X

Hi all,

I’m trying to send midi data from my MacBook to my synths, but I’m unable to make it work for either (I have a DX7 and a KORG M1). To clarify - I want to be able to put together a chord sequence, for example, and then send it to the synth for it to then play it.

I have an Allen and Heath Zedi 10FX mixer which I usually run the synths into and which acts as an audio interface too. I also have an M-Audio Uno midi interface hooked up, which I’ve used in the past to send patches to the synths so I know it works!

When I set up a new External midi track on Logic and play my midi keyboard, it doesn’t seem to send anything to the synths. I have the midi channels set the same on Logic and the synths, and I also have the audio coming back into Logic through the mixer, so if midi is being sent I should be able to hear it.

Am I being an idiot - is it even possible to send midi to these synths in this way? Really grateful if anyone can help! I’ve followed the steps in the below video, to no avail:

https://youtu.be/7lsW_TrdqgE

submitted by /u/kingbossanova
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:47 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:47 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:47 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Antares release AutoTune Advanced
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:47 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Expressive E update the Osmose
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:47 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Synchro Arts unveil VocAlign 7
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:47 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Polyend introduce the Loop
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:47 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
VirtualDJ 2026: New AI Updates Bring Sho...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:19 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Waves introduce Tracks Live 2.0
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:19 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1