Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Alternatives to Korg DW-8000
Staff
#1
0
0
Alternatives to Korg DW-8000

Howdy folks,

I’m looking for my first synth. I don’t have a good MIDI controller either (just a battered old 25 key Midiman), so if I could get a decent keybed that’s a big plus.

I mostly want a synth for pads. Decent bells, plucky stuff would be nice bonus.

The demos I hear on YT of the Korg DW-8000 is pretty much exactly what I’m looking for. The tone is perfect for what I want to do - rich and warm.

But... I appear to be a few years too late in discovering this one, and I have a hard time paying $500+ for a 35 year old synth and I worry about the longevity of it. I don’t mind buying older used gear but it doesn’t seem like a very durable build.

What else is out there like it that I should look for? I’m having a hard time narrowing down the field.

The Kawai K3 looks interesting but again it’s old, and I’m not sure about longevity.

submitted by /u/marmalade_cream
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 18
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 14
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15