Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Companion synth for the Polyend Tracker?
Staff
#1
0
0
Companion synth for the Polyend Tracker?

Hi y’all! So I am about to pull the trigger on the Polyend Tracker and I’m looking to get a companion synth to sequence with it, but for the life of my I cannot decide the best route to take. I know I would like something more compact/portable, something without much menu diving, and a nice balance between fun factor and practicality. I’ve had my eye on a couple ideas but I was wondering if maybe someone had experience pairing any of these with their tracker, or if maybe there’s some great options I haven’t noticed.

OPZ - love the form factor but it also seems like the sequencer/sampler is a huge part of it. I’m not sure if I would really be using it to its full potential, plus I have heard that it is difficult to use without connecting to a screen

Dreadbox Typhon - Kind of seems like a jack of all trades? I love the sounds and the screen does not seem like it involves too much menu tweaking to use. Very enticing little synth. Kind of a mystery to me still, still unsure about its immediacy

Blofeld- love the sounds but this one does seem like it has lots of menu diving involved. I really love the versatility in its synth engines and the form factor

Pocket Operators - They look so fun but I am overwhelmed by the options between them….but are they JUST fun?

MakeNoise Strega or 0-Coast - love the strega sound especially. they seem like they have a steep learning curve and may be impractical overall even though they are beautiful machines.

What do you think?

submitted by /u/Bafflednipple
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 14
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15