Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help with keyboard outputs
Staff
#1
0
0
Help with keyboard outputs

Hey Reddit,

asking for help here. I recently got a Yamaha YPT - 220 keyboard. I wanna use it both as a keyboard I can plug in and play the already installed sounds as well as a MIDI keyboard. I'm not sure how I could connect it tho...

I already figured out I can use the headphone jack with a cable as an output to use the sounds it comes with but I'm not so sure about MIDI... It has both MIDI in and out ports, but even if I got a MIDI cable where would I connect it on the other end? I have a small U-PHORIA UM2 audio interface but then I would have to buy a MIDI to XLR cable? would that work? perhaps a MIDI to USB and just skip the middle man? I'm not sure...

submitted by /u/OffbeatFluffy92
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Best Rotary Mixers And Boutique Mixi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Harley Benton V30UK: Vintage 30 Limited ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3