Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How to connect Novation Bass station II to speakers or bass amp?
Staff
#1
0
0
How to connect Novation Bass station II to speakers or bass amp?

I'm a bass player who wants to experiment more with synths. Complete newbie so I started with the Novation Bass station II. My bandmates and I jam in a rehearsal space. We have two singers in the band and their microphones are hooked up to the mixer to the PA but there's only two available lines in the place we rehearse at.

I'd like to hook up the Novation Bass synth to something that can broadcast loud enough to sound good in a rehearsal space jamming. Not for live shows yet. The default volume of the bass synth is too low to sound good amongst the drums, guitars and other instruments.

A few questions:

  1. What sounds better? A portal PA speaker or a bass amp?
  2. How do I connect the synth to the PA or bass amp? Do I use the mono output 1/4 inch?
  3. If PA speaker, can you recommend an affordable and portable option? I need to be able to move it to rehearsals. Doesn't need to be a full blown PA.

Thanks so much!

submitted by /u/Important-Conflict55
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Vinyl DJ 2026: Essential Gear for Perfec...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Stylophone Mini: Honey I Shrunk the Styl...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1