Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Case powering off - instantaneous or not?
Staff
#1
0
0
Case powering off - instantaneous or not?

My first case, which I've had for awhile, will basically turn off instantly as soon as I flip the power switch -- all modules shut down right away. I just got a new case and I'm testing it with a couple modules but when I turn it off it's almost like the power 'fades' away. Things keep running for a few seconds and then turn off. Modules like my Doepfer sequential switch have the LEDs quite slowly fading out.

These are the only two cases I've ever had and I'm unsure if all cases should turn off instant, like my original case, or if some do kind of 'fade off'. Basically, does this come down to something like different power supplies and it's not an issue or could this be dangerous for modules? Do your cases turn off instantly or having this 'fading off' behavior?

submitted by /u/guyliangirl
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Raspel: Free plug-in from Kreuzberg Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
LinnStrument limited-time offer
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Mike Beigel: 1947–2026
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
UVI Falcon 2027 Flies The Nest with More...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Melbourne Instruments ROTO-CONTROL: 60+ ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7