Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
JX3P or JX8P, and which is better in a modern setup?
Staff
#1
0
0
JX3P or JX8P, and which is better in a modern setup?

I know there’s probably no definitive answer about this and opinions will vary, but I value those opinions. Smile

What I know for sure is that I love that mid 80s JX sound. What I’m less sure about is which model I want, but I believe I’ve narrowed it down to these two obviously most popular models. I’m only searching listings that include the PG programmer for each respective machine.

I’ve read mixed things about the midi implementations on each of them and I am trying to decide which would be the easiest to slot into a modern recording rig. I also welcome general opinions about the sounds, features etc. of the two machines.

If it helps, I absolutely love the sound of my 106 and I have the impression that these machines are kind of like a Juno with two oscillators, which would be the dream. I know there are other differences, but perhaps we can approach this in terms of which of them might feel/sound most familiar to me as a Juno owner.

submitted by /u/No-Satisfaction7842
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Guitar Summit 2026: 14,900 Visitors, 659...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Arturia update the MiniFreak
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
VSL introduce Synchron Cimbalom & World ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Gibson & Baggs unveil HiFi DNA pickup
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Image-Line & Antares reveal AutoTune Go
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Modartt launch Airteq
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Wavea release Flite V2
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Rupert Neve Designs introduce three plug...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Adam Jones’ Guitar Tone: Sound Like Tool...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5